“The Patient comes First!”
FarmaSyn S.A. was founded in 1994 by a group of Greek shareholders. We took our first steps as wholesalers of medicines and parapharmaceutical products, soon expanding into the field of pharmaceutical distribution with novel as well as generic drugs, offering new therapeutic possibilities to both doctors and patients.
Today, we are a well established company in the healthcare sector thanks to our unswerving commitment to providing the quality products that are our trademark.
- 1994 Our company was first set up, initially under the name Farmakeftikos Syndesmos.
- 2003 A collaboration was started with the German company Engelhard Arzneimittel GmbH, marketing the highly successful products Trachisan and Prospan.
- 2005 The company was renamed FarmaSyn S.A. and began distributing products as sole agents for Greece.
- 2007 The first generic metformin was marketed in Greece as Glucofree 850 mg and Glucoplus 1000 mg. In the same year Nimesulide FarmaSyn Gel was put on the market.
- 2012 We gradually began to develop a strategically important partnership with Sandoz, Novartis’ generics subsidiary, as sole agents and distributors for products in the field of erectile dysfunction and for the cardiovascular and central nervous systems.